Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas 2009 celebrated on January 3, 2010







Christmas at our house if FINALLY over. Some were wanting it to be over so much sooner. I got really sick the weekend we were going to have it and couldn't of cooked the meal for everyone.
There were smiles and frowns when the day finally got here. School started the next day too so the younger ones needed to get home to bed.
I made the turkey the day before and we had it all cut up and just needed to reheat it on Sunday.
Ron & I got the table ready for 21. We can only set 20 at the table so Kristi & I ate together in the dining room. We were missing Patrick's family which would be another 4 and Alesha's which total 6. For another 10 we would of had to set up more than one more table. I am very thankful for my big dining room oak table that opens up to hold almost all of us. I guess we didn't plan for the family getting so big.
And now that the next generation of great grandchildren is coming up, where will we fit them? I am hoping that no more are born for awhile as far as greats are concerned.
Next step getting our table leaves out and putting the dining room back to order. We usually just open up all the way for company and kids.
We also co-hosted the Schaffer Christmas so we had a busy holiday. I actually really got sick on that day and left,my husband had to take over. I am thankful one of our kids brought me home. On Christmas we usually find out what holiday we have for the next two years. I have Easter for 2010 and Thanksgiving for 2011 and then most likely 2012 will be Christmas again. Not many missed this get together except for some of our children and we still had 95 there for the meal. My husband comes from a very big family but a very supportive one. I have been blessed with a great family.
May GOD be with you all during 2010 and may He bless you all! May He give you not more than you can handle.
God Bless!
Happy 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment